This barbecue chicken pizza slab pie is a GREAT way to use up any leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken. Add your favorite toppings.
A PIZZA BIG ENOUGH TO FEED A CROWD!
For detailed pictures watch the slide show below.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Slab Pie
- 3 - 13.8 ounce packages Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sweet barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded (mine was leftover baked chicken)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly spray a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Unroll two packages of the pizza dough and place in the prepared baking pan, overlapping long ends slightly and pressing them together to make one sheet of dough.
- Press dough to cover bottom and sides of pan.
- Shred chicken and mix with 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and set aside.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce on the pizza dough.
- Spread evenly.
- Add chicken, sliced onion, shredded carrots, toasted almonds, chopped cilantro, and sliced mozzarella cheese sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Unroll the remaining package of pizza dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough into a 15-inch long rectangle; cut lengthwise into 10 strips.
- Place five of the strips lengthwise on top of filling.
- Add the remaining strips in the opposite direction.
- Trim the strips to fit.
- Sprinkle dough with Parmesan cheese or shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden.