These beer batter fish tacos offer so much flavor. Top these tacos with a coleslaw salad and you’ve got the BEST tacos EVER!
Add even more flavor with my CHILI LIME TACO SAUCE.
Now you can make your own fish tacos!
For the Beer Batter:
- In a bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, cornstarch, paprika and baking powder.
- Add beer and egg; stir until batter is combined but still slightly lumpy.
For the Fish:
- Thaw fish, pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat about 1-inch oil.
- Drop a sprinkle of flour into the hot oil if it sizzles then the oil is ready.
- Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish; dip fish pieces, one at a time, into flour, turning to coat and shaking off excess.
- Dip into batter.
- Fry fish, four pieces at a time, in hot oil for 2 to 4 minutes or until crispy and golden, turning once halfway through frying time.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep fried fish warm in the oven while frying remaining fish.
- Place on heated corn tortillas and lime wedges.
For the Coleslaw Salad Topping:
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, green onions, cilantro, vinegar, the 2 tablespoons of oil, sugar and salt.
- Toss well to combine; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve salad on the side or on top of the tacos.
This recipe is adapted from the BHG Mexican 2013 magazine.