Brown Butter Pecan Cupcakes | These cupcakes are made with delicious nutty caramel brown butter (also known as Beurre noisette). If you have never baked with brown butter I highly recommend you try it! Just the smell alone is enough to send you into a blissful food coma. When butter is cooked long enough it turns the milk solids and salt particles brown and cooks out any water that is present leaving a wonderful nutty caramel flavor.
Not only are the cupcakes made with brown butter but so is the creamy frosting. These cupcakes will give your guests the ultimate dessert experience! PLEASE….PLEASE….try brown butter at least once….I promise you will fall in love with the flavor!
Brown Butter Pecan Cupcakes
For the Brown Butter Pecan Cupcakes
- 1 cup Brown Butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) package toffee bits (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
For the Brown Butter Frosting
- Ingredients listed HERE--->>>>Brown Butter Frosting
For the Praline Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pans with 30 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition; stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread or pipe Praline Frosting over cupcakes.
- Garnish with toffee bits, if desired. Store cupcakes, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.
For the Praline Frosting:
- Follow directions HERE---->>>>Brown Butter Frosting
MORE RECIPES WITH BROWN BUTTER