How fun are these buffet pancake dippers? With a hidden surprise. BACON!!! When pouring syrup over my pancakes I always include the bacon. Come on admit it you do to. Now your guests can have a pancake and bacon all in one easy to eat dipper! PLUS, I lightened it up a bit by using the “Heart Smart” Bisquick, lite syrup and center cut bacon. Did you know you can have 3 slices of center cut bacon for only 70 calories? :) Of course you can also choose to make some without the bacon.
Now your guests can have a pancake and bacon all in one easy to eat dipper!
- 1 recipe of the Bisquick pancake batter including the ingredients to make the batter
- 12 slices center cut bacon
- lite syrup
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Mix batter according to the package directions.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle with a big enough hole for the batter to pour from. I used a cheap picnic ketchup bottle. You know the tall skinny red ones. They also come in yellow for mustard.
- I cut the tip bigger.
- Heat griddle. I heat mine to 300 degrees.
- Squirt batter in a long oval shape a little longer and wider then the bacon and place a slice of cooked bacon in the center.
- Lightly press bacon into the batter.
- Squeeze more batter over the bacon. I just did a wiggle line.
- This is to protect the bacon from the griddle when you turn that pancake dipper over.
- Cook until the batter starts to bubble then turn over and cook a few minutes longer.
- Serve syrup in 4 ounce wide mouth mason jars.
THIS RECIPE WAS FEATURED ON THE WEBSITES!
I SHARED THIS IDEA/RECIPE AT THESE PARTIES