How fun are these buffet pancake dippers? With a hidden surprise. BACON!!! When pouring syrup over my pancakes I always include the bacon. Come on admit it you do to. Now your guests can have a pancake and bacon all in one easy to eat dipper! PLUS, I lightened it up a bit by using the “Heart Smart” Bisquick, lite syrup and center cut bacon. Did you know you can have 3 slices of center cut bacon for only 70 calories? Of course you can also choose to make some without the bacon.
Serve Passion Orange Guava juice also known as POG on the Islands with your pancake dippers.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
- 1 recipe of the Bisquick pancake batter including the ingredients to make the batter
- 12 slices center cut bacon
- lite syrup
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Mix batter according to the package directions.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle with a big enough hole for the batter to pour from. I used a cheap picnic ketchup bottle. You know the tall skinny red ones. They also come in yellow for mustard.
- I cut the tip bigger.
- Heat griddle. I heat mine to 300 degrees.
- Squirt batter in a long oval shape a little longer and wider then the bacon and place a slice of cooked bacon in the center.
- Lightly press bacon into the batter.
- Squeeze more batter over the bacon. I just did a wiggle line.
- This is to protect the bacon from the griddle when you turn that pancake dipper over.
- Cook until the batter starts to bubble then turn over and cook a few minutes longer.
- Serve syrup in 4 ounce wide mouth mason jars.
MORE BRUNCH RECIPES
1. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES 2. POTATO CASSEROLE 3. BLUEBERRY BOY BAIT 4. GREEN CHILIES AND RICE FRITTATA