MAKE BREAKFAST SPECIAL THIS WEEKEND!
The buttermilk pancakes are light a fluffy and the blueberry sauce adds just the right amount of sweetness. Top this fluffy buttermilk stack with blueberry sauce and whip cream. NO syrup needed here. 🙂
NOTE: you can make the sauce the night before but wait until you’re ready to cook the pancakes to make the batter.
Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
For the Buttermilk Pancakes:
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together the buttermilk, milk eggs and butter.
- Pour into the flour mixture and combine.
- Lightly oil or butter a griddle or frying pan.
- Heat on medium high or when water is dropped on the hot pan the water sizzles.
- Measure 1/2 cup of batter per pancake.
- Pour batter onto hot griddle or pan.
- Cook until the edges start to cook and bubbles appear.
- Turn over and cook until brown.
- While pancakes are cooking preheat oven of 200 degrees.
- Store cooked pancakes in a pie plate, cover with foil and put in heated oven.
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- To a medium saucepan add the blueberries and sugar.
- Cook on medium low for 10 minutes.
- Smash the berries with a potato masher.
- Turn heat up to medium and bring to a rapid boil.
- Once berries start to boil across the whole surface, turn heat back down to medium low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Makes a little over one pint.