Bring some spice into your life with this Chai Spice Cheesecake! This tall spicy cheesecake is just what you’d expect from a Chai Spice Cheesecake. For my son’s birthday I combined his favorite drink and his favorite dessert to create this cheesecake.
Starting with another one of his favorites. Gingerbread! Fist you place gingersnap cookies into a food processor.
Process the cookies until they reach a cookie crumb consistency.
Add the melted butter and sugar to the cookie crumbs and press into the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake
Add the spicy creamy filling and bake.
What do you get? A delicious cheesecake that only you can make! Or….a Chai Frappuccino (cheesecake) complete with whip cream and a dash of spice on top!
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookies in a food processor.
- Process until the cookies are fine crumbs.
- Pour cookie crumbs into a medium bowl.
- Stir together the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Press in the bottom and 1-inch up the side of a spring form pan.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes.
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy; add the sugar, flour, chai spice blend, salt and eggs.
- Beat until all ingredients are combined and silky.
- Pour into baked crust.
TIP: For protection - I always place my cheesecake on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let rest on counter to cool 1 hour.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to cool completely (usually overnight).
For the Topping:
- Add 1 teaspoon of chai spice blend to the whipped topping.
- Spread evenly on cooled cheesecake.
Optional: sprinkle more of the chai spice blend on top of the spiced whipped topping.
MORE CHAI RECIPES
1. VANILLA CHAI TEA CUPCAKES 2. CHAI SUGAR 3. CHAI BREAKFAST CUPCAKES