Today is PI day! To celebrate I’m joining with 27 fantastic bloggers! We’re bringing you 28 PI(E) RECIPES! Scroll down to see the other pies my friends have brought to our PI(E) Party! #piday
I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to make a pie! This Cherry Cupcake Pie is so rich, moist and gooey.
I’m thinking you guessed what the main ingredient is by the name of my pie. Yep, I used mini white cupcakes to cream this wonderfully fun and unexpected pie. It’s the BEST of both worlds! Pie and cupcakes! Who could ask for more!
You would think the frosting on top would melt but instead it dries out and becomes crunchy meringue cookies.
Scoop or slice it doesn’t matter and don’t forget the vanilla ice cream. I also have a yummy Snickerdoodle Cupcake Pie for you to try.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
Always keep mini bakery cupcakes in the freezer for a quick and decadent last minute dessert.
For the Cherry Cupcake Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non stick cooking spray.
- Gently unroll the pie crust to fit into the pan.
- Crimp the edges and set aside.
- Cut each cupcake in half and lay HALF down in the prepared pie plate making sure to fill any air pockets.
- Equally disperse the cherry pie filling.
- Top with the remaining cupcake halves.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs, sugar ,vanilla and vinegar until well combined.
- Slowly pour the custard over cupcakes making sure to coat each cupcake with the custard and evenly distributing it.
- Bake 48 to 50 minutes or until the center when a knife is inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack completely before adding the drizzle.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle:
- Place frosting in a microwave safe small bowl, and microwave in 15 second intervals until frosting is melted.
- With a spoon drizzle melted frosting over pie
- If desired add sprinkles.
MORE PIE RECIPES
1. STRAWBERRY GLAZE PIE 2. SLOW COOKER PEACH COBBLER 3. CINNAMON ROLL APPLE PIE POPS 4. BANANA SPLIT BROWNIE PIE
You can see all the amazing pie recipes being shared today by clicking the images below.