I’m not sure if I should put these Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars into the candy category or a bar category. Maybe the best thing to do is put them in both! I love the caramel filling that is poured over the crunchy salty crackers and then topped with a decadent chocolate peanut butter mixture. These bars could easily be made for a Christmas dessert table. Or package them up like candy and give as a homemade gift. I do need to warn you….if you take these to a party make sure you take the recipe with you because the guests will want it for sure.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
For the Crust and Filling:
- In a saucepan, combine the cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Place a single layer of crackers in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish; top with half of crumb mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining crackers and the rest of the crumb mixture.
TIP: Use an off set spatula to smooth candy and make sure it gets into ALL the crevices.
For the Topping:
- In a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Cook and stir until smooth.
- Pour over crackers.
- Refrigerate to harden.
- Cut into bars.