Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti | Softer than traditional biscotti, these are baked for a shorter time but deliver a rich chocolate flavor and are packed with delicious pistachio nuts.
While this biscotti is perfect the way it is there are lots of ways to dress it up. Dipping one end into melted white, milk or dark chocolate and adding chopped dried fruit, peppermint chips or a simple drizzle with sprinkles just to name a few. My favorite thing to do is to tie some up in a treat bag; add it to a coffee or breakfast themed gift basket. Biscotti is the perfect token of appreciation. With this recipe you’ll get 12 pieces so you can make several gifts from one recipe!
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°; line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl; whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs being sure to scrap down the sides; beat until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture blend until it becomes a stiff dough.
- Stir in pistachio nuts and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to the prepared cookie sheet.
- Form dough into a 12x4-inch log.
- Bake until slightly firm (about 25 minutes).
- Cool 5 minute; reduce temperature to 300°.
- Place biscotti on a cutting board and with a sharp knife cut the biscotti diagonally into 1-inch thick slices.
- Arrange biscotti cut side up on the same lined cookie sheet; bake until crisp (about 8 minutes).
MORE GIFT IDEAS
SLOW COOKER SIMMERING SPICE GIFT 2. CHAI SUGAR 3. DIY EARL GREY SPICE TEA