Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Pops | When it comes to party food these pops are number one on the list! Wow your guests with these crispy on the outside, delicious apple pie on the inside pops! The key to these pops is the amazing cinnamon roll top!
These Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Pops are a hostesses dream. Why? Because they can be made weeks in advance! I know! Make them as directed below stopping short of the baking. Place them in a container with parchment or wax paper between layers. Cover with an air tight lid and freeze! When ready to bake, lay the pops on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake. TIP: Place frozen pops in a COLD oven. That way the pops will defrost as the oven comes up to temperature.
Serve these fun pops for any celebration. I love serving them at my “Big Game” party and at a Western Theme or Backyard Barbecue party.
JALAPENO POPPER POPS 2.COCONUT CHEESECAKE POPS
3. CHERRY PIE POPS
For the bottom layer of pie dough, cut into circles; make an indention with the lollipop stick.
Fill with egg wash.
Add the lollipop stick.
Place a nice pile of yummy apple filling on top.
To make the cinnamon roll portion simply roll out a sheet of ready made pie dough.
Brush on butter, add brown sugar and cinnamon.
Roll and slice.
Smash into a 3-inch circle.
Place the circle on top of the filling.
Use the end of a lollipop stick to crimp edges.
Liberally add egg wash to the top and edges.
For the finishing touches add a swirl of icing.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Pops
For the Filling:
- In a medium saucepan put the diced apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter.
- On medium low heat simmer 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Stir in flour and simmer until the juices have become thick.
- Pour into a bowl to cool.
For the Cinnamon Rolls and bottom layer:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- (bottom layer) Roll 1 pie crust dough into a 13-inch circle.
- Using the biscuit cutter cut out 14 rounds.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Place lollipop sticks in the center and press to make an indention.
- Mix the egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Using your finger dab some of the egg wash in the indention.
- Place 1 tablespoon of apple filling in the center.
For Cinnamon Rolls:
- Take one pie crust dough and roll it into a 13-inch x 13-inch rectangle.
- Using a pastry brush. Brush on melted butter; sprinkle on the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll as tight as possible.
- Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- With the rolled side up smash the roll flat and roll to about a 3-inch disk.
- Using the biscuit cutter cut the cinnamon roll.
- BEFORE placing on top of the apple filling, dab the egg wash around the edges of the bottom layer making sure to include the stick.
- Place cinnamon roll on top and press around the edge to seal.
- Using another lollipop stick make indentation's.
- NO NEED TO MAKE AIR VENTS the layers of the cinnamon roll will allow the air to escape. Wash over finished pies liberally with the egg wash to help the cinnamon rolls from coming open.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- If desired add a swirl of frosting.
- In a bowl mix together confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the second tablespoon 1 teaspoon at a time until the right consistency has been reached. THIS IS NOT A DRIZZLE.
- You need the frosting to be thick.
- Add frosting to a piping bag fitted with the #3 tip or a zip top bag with a very small hole in the corner.
- Going clockwise swirl the frosting to look like a cinnamon roll.
FUN PARTY IDEAS
DIY SODA CAN DRINKING CUPS 2. BACKYARD BARBECUE 3. PICNIC ON THE GO