Your guests will flip over this cinnamon roll topped caramel apple cobbler A twist on the “old fashioned” apple pie! This cinnamon roll topped caramel apple cobbler is drizzled with caramel made of brown sugar, butter and corn syrup and topped with mini cinnamon rolls. Who could resist this yummy dessert!
Cinnamon Roll Topped Caramel Apple Cobbler
For the Pie Crust and Cinnamon Roll Dough-Makes 3 Pie Crusts
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup water
For the Apple Filling
- 2 pounds apples peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Caramel Drizzle
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
for the Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 pie crusts, divided (recipe above)
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Pie Crust and Cinnamon Roll Dough-Makes 3 Pie Crusts:
- In a large bowl combine the flour and salt.
- Cut in the shortening until pieces are the size of small peas.
- Add water and mix until all the moisture has been absorbed.
- Divide into 3 equal balls.
- Roll one pie crust into a 9-inch circle and fit into the bottom and up the sides of an 9-inch pie pan.
For the Apple Filling:
- In a large bowl combine apples, cinnamon and flour.
- Add to the dough lined pie pan.
For the Caramel Drizzle:
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Pour over sliced apples and onto the pie crust.
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
- Roll one pie crust into a 16 x 9 inch rectangle. Brush on melted butter, spread on 1 cup packed brown sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Starting on the 16-inch side tightly roll to the end. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place seam sides together along the outer edge on top of apple filling.
- Press cinnamon rolls down and together.
- Repeat the second pie crust the same and fill in the top of the cobbler.
- Brush the leftover melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
This is a LBC original!