Copycat Disneyland Fried Pickles PLUS Homemade Ranch Dressing | Who knew you could get fried pickles at Disneyland? I didn’t! If you are a fan of fried pickles I highly recommend stopping in at the Carnation Cafe on Main St Disneyland. Anytime I’ve had them they were made with the dill chips but no….Disney has to push it up a notch and make their fried pickles using spears. By using spears you get to really enjoy a nice juicy pickle with a crispy coating of panko bread crumbs and Parmesan. The pickles are also served with a house dip.
So if a Disneyland trip is not in your soon to be future….it’s okay becasue I think I nailed this recipe!
Make sure to lay the pickle spears on a paper towel to absorb the excess liquid. Once you have coated the pickles lay them on a baking sheet before frying (about 10 minutes). Meanwhile heat the oil.
Only fry THREE at a time for 3 to 5 minutes.
Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
Copycat Disneyland Fried Pickles PLUS Homemade Ranch Dressing
For the Fried Pickles:
- Take pickle spears out of the jar and place on paper towels to absorb the liquid.
- In a medium bowl stir to combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley.
- In a small bowl add the eggs and lightly beat.
- Dip dry pickle spears in the eggs then evenly coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Set on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375°.
- When oil is ready add pickles.
TIP: DO NOT CROWD. I only added 3 at a time.
- Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. You don't need to cook the pickles just get the outside nice and crispy.
- Place fried pickles on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
For the Homemade Ranch Dressing:
- Add the mayo, buttermilk, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to a large jar; shake to combine.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
EASY BEER CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE 2. FRIED BASIL AND GARLIC POLENTA APPETIZER 3. HOT BEAN AND CHEESE DIP