The challenges of getting your little ones ready for school.
This post does not involve a “back to school” party. I decided to take a different angle. When thinking about getting our little ones ready for school we think; clothes, shoes, backpack and school supplies. I thought we should pay attention to all the little ones that have to go for their physicals which; I think can be just as stressful for Mom as it is for the child.
So, here is a way to take some of that anxious feeling away. How about a yummy homemade lollipop.
These cotton candy lollipops are so easy to make. Literally less then 20 minutes.
If you don’t have a lollipop mold you can pour the melted sugar onto parchment paper. Here is how I made my Sriracha lollipops without a lollipop mold.
Cotton Candy Lollipops
A sweet reward for being brave!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- blue food coloring
- 20 drops cotton candy oil
- lollipop mold
- lollipop sticks
- non stick cooking spray
- Spray your lollipop mold with non stick cooking spray, place lollipop sticks into candy mold and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Insert a candy thermometer.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat without stirring.
- When the temperature reaches the soft crack stage add the food coloring. (This will take about 12 minutes)
- Gently swirl the pan to mix in the color or stir.
- Continue to cook the syrup until the mixture reaches 300 degrees (hard crack). (This will take another 3 to 5 minutes)
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cotton candy oil.
- Pour into a glass Pyrex measuring cup.
- This will help make the pouring process easier.
- Pour into molds.
- Cool completely before removing candy from the molds. TIP: If some of the candy sticks to the mold and you have a uneven look. Just dampen a paper towel and rub the area until it looks even or if you over flow the candy mold just trim the cooled candy with scissors.
This is a LBC original!