A twist on the popular cheese ball. This cream cheese and olive pecan bites recipe can be made into a small cheese ball but I love the presentation of the stuffed pecan halves.
Your guests will love the salty flavor of the olives, the creamy texture of the cream cheese and the crunch of the pecans. PERFECTO!!!
Cream Cheese and Olive Pecan Bites
- 80 large pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pimiento stuffed Spanish olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together cream cheese , chopped olives, chives and pepper.
- Spread onto 1 side of 40 pecans; top with remaining pecans, forming a sandwich.
This recipe was adapted from Southern Living Magazine (issue unknown)