This Easy Pumpkin Caramel Sauce is not just for ice cream. Use it as a base to make a frosting, add it to your coffee or make a drizzle out of it for cinnamon rolls.
You can use pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. I made my own spice blend to accommodate my families tastes (they don’t like cloves or all spice).
I love the rich dark color you get from adding the pumpkin and spices. Not to mention the flavor is out of this world! I might of had a spoonful or two. 😆
Don’t want to add spices? You can make this EASY CARAMEL SAUCE without the pumpkin and spices. Just as easy and just as good.
Easy Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix the brown sugar, half and half, butter, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar.
- Refrigerate until cold.