If you like the flavor of eggnog then you are going to love these eggnog truffles. They are so easy to make and you can make them days ahead of your party. Who wouldn’t love getting a bag of these as a gift or a party favor? Don’t forget Valentine’s Day!
- 5 (4-ounce) white chocolate bars, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine 2 chopped white chocolate bars and butter.
- Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth, (about 1-1/2 minutes total).
- Stir in nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Beat in white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Cover and chill overnight or until mixture is firm enough to roll.
- Roll mixture into about 15 (1-1/2-inch) balls.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 3 chopped white chocolate bars and shortening.
- Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 1-1/2 minutes total).
- Using a fork, dip each ball into melted white chocolate mixture.
- Shake off excess, and place on a wire rack.
- Spoon excess melted white chocolate mixture into a pastry bag with a small opening, and pipe decorative lines across each truffle.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over truffles.
- Let truffles stand until white chocolate set.
Recipe from the Paula Deen November/December 2010 Magazine