This Chicken Cacciatore recipe delivers a lot of flavor and is easy, easy, easy to make. This is my husbands favorite meal. So this is what I make him for those “special” occasions.
This hearty dish is made with lots of fresh herbs, tangy green olives, crisp celery, fried chicken all bubbly away in a red sauce. And if that wasn’t enough I added a splash of white wine and served it on a bed of pasta! Just like spaghetti this Chicken Cacciatore tastes even better the next day. 😀
- 1 whole cut up fryer
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 small green olives, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Clean the chicken.
TIP: If the breasts are too large cut in half.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Brown the chicken, don't crowd the chicken; brown in two batches if necessary.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Saute onions for a few minutes before adding the garlic, olives and celery; saute until tender. Add the tomatoes, oregano, parsley, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix and add chicken.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until all pink is gone and the juices run clear.
- Uncover and stir in wine.
- Cook uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
MORE PASTA RECIPES