These Granola Garbage Sticks are more like a delicious chewy candy bar. I love these granola sticks!
These Granola Garbage Sticks are perfect for snacking, an on the go breakfast or taking on hiking trips. A creamy mixture of brown sugar, honey and peanut butters mixed with granola, sun flower seeds, peanuts, almonds, and peanut butter chips. All topped with a chocolate drizzle to make these the BEST granola bars I’ve ever had!
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups granola, large clusters broken up
- 1/2 cup dry roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4/ cup peanut butter flavor baking pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate baking pieces, melted
- Line a 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan.
- Grease foil; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, honey, butter, and peanut butter.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl stir together granola, sunflower kernels, peanut, almonds and peanut butter pieces.
- Add brown sugar mixture to granola mixture; toss to combine.
- Immediately press granola mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Chill about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan.
- Place on a cutting board; cut into 8 x 1-inch bars.
- Transfer bars to a sheet of waxed paper.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1. QUINOA GRANOLA 2. HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS 3. PEANUT BUTTER CEREAL BARS 4. RASPBERRY PARFAIT AND MINI MUFFINS