Grilled Apricot and Peach Chicken Wings | These grilled chicken wings are drenched in a sweet saucy mixture of fresh peaches with a delicious dipping sauce made from apricot jam. Perfect for GAME DAY!
I can’t think of a better way to start out game day then with a platter full of succulent juicy chicken wings! This recipe has been a favorite of my families for many many years Are fresh peaches out of season? Add pineapple instead! These wings are not just for game day but are also perfect served as an appetizer or a backyard barbecue.
Grilled Apricot and Peach Chicken Wings
For the Peach Marinade and Grilling Sauce:
- In a food processor, combine the barbecue sauce, garlic and peaches.
- Process until finely chopped; season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
- Add the prepared chicken wings and the remaining peach barbecue sauce into a zip to bag.
- Toss the wings around in the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place on a medium heat grill. Grill (basting several times with the reserved peach sauce) about 16 minutes turning occasionally or until the juices run clear.
For the Apricot Dipping Sauce:
- Combine the apricot preserves, vinegar, garlic, hot sauce and the salt in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Serve next to the wings.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
1. CHEESESTEAK PIZZA 2. EASY BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS 3. CHIPOLTE HONEY BISCUIT CHICKEN SLIDERS