Spicy Halloween Caramel Corn Party Mix | The spicy sweet caramel corn party mix has the perfect balance with the addition of pumpkin spice and red pepper. In just a few minutes your family can be enjoying this holiday treat.
Add some fun to your Halloween dessert table with this Spicy Halloween Caramel Corn Party Mix. Get your taste buds ready for a yummy fall treat! With the addition of pumpkin spice. Add a touch of whimsy with googly eyes! Serve at your Halloween Party, dessert table or package up and give out to your trick or treaters! Take out the creepy eyes and serve as a game day snack or for any Fall gathering.
Spicy Halloween Caramel Corn Party Mix
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups bite-size wheat or bran square cereal
- 1-1/2 cups small pretzels or pretzel sticks
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- dash ground red pepper
- candy eyeballs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn.
- In a 17 x 12 x 2-inch baking or roasting pan combine popcorn, cereal, pretzels, and pecans.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook with-out stirring for 5 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, vanilla, and red pepper.
- Pour over popcorn mixture in baking pan; stir lightly to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir mixture; bake for 5 minutes more.
- Spray a large piece of foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread caramel corn mixture to cool.
- Break into pieces.
- Store tightly covered for up to 1 week.