Hoisin Burgers| Whether it’s sunny and warm outside or you have piles of snow you can still enjoy a nice juicy Hoisin Burger! It’s more about what goes on the burger. This simple burger is topped with a creamy sriracha mayo, hoisin sauce and thing slices of cool crisp cucumber. Add a touch of Chinese cuisine to your burger with the dark thick sweet and salty flavor of hoisin sauce. Also known as Chinese barbecue sauce.
Like ketchup in an American barbecue sauce. Chinese cuisine uses hoisin sauce. I love the thick rich flavor of the sauce and use it often in my stir fry recipes. These burgers are so full of flavor you can totally skip the bun. That’s great news for you Gluten Free folks or those of us that should be skipping carbs. 😀
It’s all about eating out at home. What do I mean by that? Making your favorite dishes at home! Okay…..so these Hoisin Burgers are the bomb all on their own. Just to make dinner a little bit extra special (especially is you’re stuck looking at a pile of snow out your front window) make some SESAME NOODLES. This easy to make Asian inspired dish will really drive home the eating out at home experience. Dessert is a little bit tricky…I really don’t have any desserts that are Asian inspired (I need to work on that). So, how about a classic? TEXAS SHEET CAKE. This cake is deliciously easy to make. Beside chocolate goes with EVERY kind of meal.
For the Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste (per burger)
- toasted sesame buns
For the Toppings
- cucumber slices
- 8 green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
For the Burgers:
- Form beef into 4 patties; sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder on each patty.
- Grill or fry patties.
- Toast buns.
For the Toppings:
- Use a potato peeler to make long thin cucumber slices.
- Toss green onions with the sesame oil and grill.
For the Sriracha Mayo:
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and oil.
To Assemble Burgers:
- Add a generous dollop of mayo to the top and bottom buns.
- Place patty on the bottom bun; top with a ½ tablespoon of hoisin sauce, the grilled onions and cucumber slices.
MORE BURGER RECIPES
I have a WHOLE category dedicated to new juicy burger recipes? CLICK HERE—->>>> BURGERS to find all the different burger recipes and more!
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER