Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes | These easy to make cupcakes are the perfect way to show someone special know how much you mean to them. Give the gift of baking! I call these cupcakes….SODA CAN CUPCAKES! Have you heard of them? They are fat free and super easy to make. Simply the BEST Valentines Day Party Dessert!
Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 can strawberry soda, room temperature
- 3/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- heart sprinkles (optional)
For the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 drop red food coloring (optional)
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Blend the cake mix and soda until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Use a paring knife and scoop out some of the center of the cupcakes.
- Pour jam into a piping bag and fill the hallowed out portion of the cupcake.
- Frost over, making sure to cover the jam and add heart sprinkles.
For the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, jam and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add confectioner's 1 cup at a time combining well in between.
- Add food coloring, blend until well combines.
VALENTINE’S DAY DESSERT RECIPES