Italian Ciabatta Sandwich | This sandwich is piled high with meat, cheese and marinated vegetables! Perfect for game day, a picnic, or a busy weekend lunch. Make this delicious sandwich the day before, wrap it in foil and pop in a heated oven for a crispy melted cheese sandwich packed with flavor!
Think ahead, order a 3 foot long roll. Take this sandwich one step further and create an outstanding 3 foot sandwich worthy of feeding a crowd! This is the one sandwich I make over and over again. I make this when I know my hungry crew will be out working in the yard Saturday morning and need a hearty lunch. I also take it tailgating! Just like things staying cold in an ice chest they also will stay hot! Keep the hot sandwich wrapped in foil and store in a ice chest. To help keep it hot, wrap a couple of bricks with foil, heat in the oven and put those in the ice chest.
Italian Ciabatta Sandwich
- 1 - 6-ounce jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 - 12-inch Ciabatta or Focaccia
- 4 ounces thinly sliced capocolla
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 2 ounces thinly sliced mortadella
- 4 ounces thinly sliced provolone or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain artichoke hearts; pat dry with paper towels.
- Coarsely chop artichokes; pat dry again.
- Combine artichokes, roasted pepper, and olives; set aside.
- Cut bread horizontally.
- Layer the bottom with coapicola, salami, and mortadella.
- Spoon artichoke mixture over meat; top with cheese.
- Place top of bread.
- Tightly wrap sandwich with foil cook 40 minutes or until bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
MORE GAME DAY SANDWICHES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER