Lemon Créme Cake Roll | A light and fluffy sponge cake with a delicious easy to make lemon créme filling. Your Holiday table, baby shower, birthday party or Mother’s Day! This impressive cake is perfect for any occasion! I have a confession to make….a cake roll is easier to make than a layer cake. You don’t have to worry whether the cake is even or if you have enough frosting.
For step by step photos visit “HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL”.
Lemon Créme Cake Roll
For the Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar
For the Lemon Créme Filling
- 3 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup store bought lemon curd
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Cake:
- Separate eggs; allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 16x12x1-inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray; line with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolk and vanilla on high about 4 minutes or until thick and lemon color.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup granulated sugar to the egg yolks, scrap down the sides; beat on speed until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Wash beaters; in another medium mixing bowl beat the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, scrap down the sides; beat until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Fold egg yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Sift flour mixture over the egg mixture; fold in just until combined.
- Spread batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minute or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Roll towel and cake into a spiral, start from a short side of the cake.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Unroll cake; remove towel;
- Spread cake with Lemon Créme Filling to within 1-inch of the edges.
- Roll up cake; cover with a layer of plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- Before servings dust with additional confectioners' sugar
For the Lemon Créme Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in lemon curd until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold in cream cheese mixture.
For a step by step visual….. watch my VIDEO! ♥
MORE CAKE ROLL RECIPES