This Light Monte Cristo Sandwich is light on the calories but does not compromise on flavor. Normally a Monte Cristo Sandwich is fried. To help with the calorie level I decided to cook mine in my waffle maker and spray it with cooking spray. I must say it was delicious! This is the perfect sandwich to serve on a Saturday after working out in the yard or for those hungry game watching guests!
Light Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Gouda)
- 1/4 pound each sliced deli meats (I used turkey and ham)
- 1 tablespoon plus more for sandwiches Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- cooking spray
- Heat your waffle iron.
- While the waffle iron is heating up.
- Make your sandwiches.
TIP: If your bread slices are too large trim them down to fit your waffle iron.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Spread some Dijon mustard on one side of one slice of bread per sandwich.
- Layer cheese, turkey, ham, more cheese, place top slice of bread on sandwich and press down.
- Once sandwiches are made, dip each side of the sandwich into the egg mixture and place on your preheated waffle maker.
- If your waffle maker will not close place a heavy object on top.
- Cook until the bread has browned and the cheese is melted.
MORE WAFFLE MAKER CREATIONS
1.CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES 2. WAFFLE MAKER PIZZA 3. CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD WAFFLE SANDWICH