These Mini Pistachio Cupcakes are so festive and fun! An even smaller version of a mini cupcake. Baked in ketchup cups makes these treats guilt FREE! Just pop them in your mouth by pushing on the cupcake from the bottom.
*See below for more ideas.
Mini Pistachio Cupcakes
For the Pistachio Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 70 ketchup cups
For the Pistachio Frosting
- 1 box instant pistachio pudding
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups powdered sugar
For the Pistachio Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, soda, oil and eggs until smooth; stir in walnuts.
- Fill ketchup cups 3/4 full and place either on a cookie sheet or in mini muffin cups.
NOTE: This recipe made 39 ketchup cups and 2 dozen mini cupcakes (I ran out of ketchup cups). I would guess you could get another 2-1/2 dozen ketchup cups.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
For the Pistachio Frosting:
- Whip together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until creamy.
NOTE: If pipping on frosting sift pudding mix (the mix comes with pieces of pistachios).
- Gradually beat in dry pudding mix and powdered sugar until frosting reaches spread or pipping consistency. Make about 3-1/2 cups.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain