Gooey peanut brittle popcorn nuggets made with popcorn, melted marshmallows and ground up store bought peanut brittle. Makes this treat a 4th of July party favor must!
I filled a clear paint can I found at Michael’s, stuck a sparkler and mini flag in the nuggets for a little extra fun. For more added fun light the sparklers all together for a sparkling effect! GREAT idea for a kid’s table!
Peanut Brittle Popcorn Nuggets
- 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 ounce package of store bought peanut brittle (crushed in blender)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup M&M's (optional)
- Pop popcorn and measure 15 cups into a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows.
- Take off the heat and add the crushed peanut brittle. (the peanut brittle should be ground up into powder form)
- Mix and place back on the heat; stir until melted. Pour over the popcorn.
- Stir to coat.
- Add the sprinkles, stir again. (optional) add the M&M's.
- TIP: I added the M&M's and they melted.
- The nuggets were still delicious but a little messy looking with the melted chocolate.
- When I do this recipe again I will leave out the chocolate for a cleaner look.
This is a LBC original!
I SHARED THIS IDEA/RECIPE AT THESE PARTIES