One bite of these puff pastry pecan pie bars and you’ll think you’re eating pecan pie! This recipe offers the wonderful taste of pecan pie but is quick and easy to make! GREAT dessert for un expected guests.
Puff Pastry Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the puff pastry into a 10-1/2 x 14-1/2 -inch rectangle.
- Place into a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Press into bottom and 1-inch up the sides.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Press down the puff pastry .
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter , vanilla, and egg.
- Pour into partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. NOTE: If the pastry puffs press back down.
- Use an off set spatula and re distribute the filling. The filling is very forgiving while it is still hot. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.