Celebrate Fall with these Pumpkin Churro Cupcakes with Cinnamon Chocolate Frosting!
Pumpkin and chocolate, these two flavors are a match made in foodie heaven.
The cupcake is a spicy pumpkin cupcake sprinkled with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping. The frosting is a fluffy chocolate cinnamon treat.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
Pumpkin Churro Cupcakes with Cinnamon Chocolate Frosting
Not just for Fall for any occasion.
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin cups with 36 paper liners and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light a fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin.
- Combine the flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating mixture well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three fourths full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For the Crunchy Topping:
- In a small bowl melt butter.
- In another small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled brush melted butter on the tops and dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
For the Cinnamon Chocolate Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light.
- Mix in vanilla, cinnamon and cocoa; add confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time until all is incorporated.
- If the frosting gets too thick, add milk a few drops at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
- Pipe on frosting.
- Optional: Add Fall sprinkles and sprinkle any remaining sugar cinnamon mixture leftover from the crunchy topping.