Shark Tank Jello
For the Jello
(2 liter) bottle lemon lime soda, flat
(1/4 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
drops blue food coloring
For the tanks
half pint jars (with a lid) 13 for the shark tank and 13 for the jello to set up in.
gummy sharks (I found mine at Walmart)
nerds (about 5 boxes)
For the Jello:
- Pour the soda into a large bowl and let it sit on the counter up to 4 hours to become flat.
- Once the soda is flat; pour 1 cup of the soda into a bowl; sprinkle the gelatin over the soda and let stand to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Pour 2 cups of soda in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until just before a boil.
- Add softened gelatin, stiffing to dissolve completely (about 2 minutes).
- Pour into the bowl with the remaining soda along with food coloring; stir to combine.
- Fill each jar up to the line.
- Store in refrigerator until solidified (overnight is best).
For the Tanks:
- When ready, run a knife around the edges to release the seal, turn upside down on top of another jar that already has the nerds in the bottom (about 3 jars per box).
- Jiggle loose the jello until it starts to move; it will slowly slide down into the jar that is ready to become a shark tank.
- Once the jello is in place; make a slice in the jello with a sharp knife and insert the gummy shark.
- You may also add candy shaped fish.