When I have friends over I love putting together a taco bar. These Shrimp Tacos with Roasted Corn Slaw fit in perfectly.
Shrimp Tacos with Roasted Corn Slaw
For something different add this shrimp to a taco bar!
For the Shrimp and Sauce
- 1 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp, thawed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper with sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
For the Roasted Corn Slaw
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
For the Shrimp and Sauce:
- In a bowl combine oil, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, chipolte pepper with sauce, salt and water.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium skillet set on medium high heat add shrimp and sauce; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
For the Roasted Corn Slaw:
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium high heat.
- Add frozen corn, spread to a single layer.
- Cook, without stirring for 3 minutes; stir.
- Continue to cook, without stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- When the corn is cool, stir together the mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, cilantro and cabbage.
- Add cooked shrimp with a slotted spoon to warm tortillas, top tacos with roasted corn slaw.
- Drizzle with reserved cooking juices.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain