This Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken dish offers huge flavor at only 302 calories including rice! Great flavor with little effort. Perfect for a week night dinner.
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 4 small chicken legs and 4 thighs (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- To a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add wine, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; whisk together.
- Add garlic, capers, prunes, and olives; mix.
- Add chicken, nestling it among olives and prunes.
- Cover slow cooker with lid, and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Gently stir in parsley.
- Thirty minutes before serving, cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken, prunes, olives, and sauce over rice.