This Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken dish offers huge flavor at only 302 calories including rice! Great flavor with little effort. Perfect for a week night dinner.
The perfect ending to a busy day. I love coming home from a hard day, knowing dinner is waiting for me. You may not think of this Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken as comfort food but it TOTALLY IS!
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 4 small chicken legs and 4 thighs (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- To a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add wine, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; whisk together.
- Add garlic, capers, prunes, and olives; mix.
- Add chicken, nestling it among olives and prunes.
- Cover slow cooker with lid, and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Gently stir in parsley.
- Thirty minutes before serving, cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken, prunes, olives, and sauce over rice.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES
1. SLOW COOKER SAVORY WAFFLE BREAD PUDDING 2. SLOW COOKER BERRY COBBLER 3. SLOW COOKER COUNTRY STYLE PORK RIBS