ADD SOME FUN TO YOUR PARTY!
Made from my original WREATH CAKE RECIPE (see below) these little yummy Snowball Fight-Cake Balls are filled with pecans, coconut, topped with a cream cheese frosting and rolled in coconut. Not too sweet just right!
Snowball Fight- Cake Balls
For the Cake Balls:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, and oil.
- Cream together until well combined.
- Stir 1-1/3 cups of the coconut and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour or when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Slowly add the confectioner's sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
- Scoop out of pan into a heat proof bowl.
- Using a large spoon break up the cake into fine crumbs.
- When cake is cool enough to handle add 1 cup of the prepared coconut cream cheese frosting. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the remaining frosting into a bowl and the remaining coconut into another bowl. NOTE: You might need to add some water to the remaining frosting. It needs to be more like a thick glaze.
- With a small amount of the cake form a medium sized ball.
- Drop into the thinned frosting, with a spoon drizzle the frosting all over the snowball.
- I found it was easier to hold the snowball in my hand and roll the frosting on it that way.
- Drop the coated snowball into the bowl of coconut and roll around making sure to get a thick coating. NOTE: This will be messy, but just like making a cheese ball once you get the outer coating (in this case the coconut) on it takes care of the sticky mess.
- Place finished snowballs onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- When the cookie sheet is full place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden the frosting and serve. NOTE: Store the snowballs in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
WREATH CAKE- All ingredients are the same as the Snowball Fight-Cake Balls. Add the batter to a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake @ 325 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in pan 15 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely on a wire rack. The frosting recipe is also the same-spread over tube cake, sprinkle with coconut. Decorate like a wreath. This is a LBC original.