Snowball Pecan Cookies are a melt in your mouth cookie rolled in confectioners’ sugar. Not too sweet but completely delicious!
I have been making these cookies for many…many…many year! So many I don’t think I’ll share the amount. HA! I usually make them into Pecan Crescent Cookies for the holidays. This time I made them into snowballs to go with the Frozen Birthday Party theme for my granddaughters.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 2- 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix butter until creamy, add the flour, nuts, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and extracts.
- Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate covered 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheets.
TIP: To help the cookies keep their round shape freeze 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle (about 5 minutes) roll hot cookies in the remaining 2 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Cool on wire rack.
FROZEN PRINCESS BIRTHDAY PARTY
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
1. LEMON DREAM COOKIES 2. NO BAKE DISAPPEAR COOKIES 3. CHEWY WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES