Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes: The FRESH taste of Strawberry with the tart taste of lemon. PERFECT for a summer day!
Starting with a cake mix makes these cupcakes super easy but does not skimp on taste. It’s the extra touches that pushes these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes beyond most cupcakes. Like the added lemon glaze, fresh strawberries in the frosting and the perfect sprinkling of lemonade powder on the top to give the cupcakes a little pucker power.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
For the Lemon Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
Optional: yellow food coloring
For the Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, room temperature
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
Optional Topping: 2 tablespoons Country Time Pink lemonade powder drink mix
For the Lemon Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 cupcake wells with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and food coloring (if using); beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in soda. Using an ice cream scoop, fill wells 2/3 full.
- Bake 16 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Let baked cupcakes rest in pan for 10 minutes, take out of pan and onto a wire cooling rack, with a spoon drizzle lemon glaze over each cupcake until all the glaze is gone.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with pink lemonade powder.
For the Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and lemon juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
For the Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting:
- Puree the 1/2 cup chopped strawberries in a food processor or blender; set aside.
- In a mixer beat butter until soft and fluffy; add strawberries and combine well.
- Mix in confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time until fluffy .