WHAT A TREAT!
A dense sweet pound cake filled with a whole strawberry and topped with a whip cream frosting. Your own mini strawberry shortcake cupcakes!
Perfect for a garden party, bridal shower, or brunch! Serve in these cute bird cages (I found mine at Michael’s) or give as party favors!
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 cupcake tins with 36 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl blend butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined add the milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix until batter is light and fluffy. Batter will be thick.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
- TIP: If you fill the liners any more the cupcakes will rise too high and make a BIG mess.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the cupcake pans.
- Once cupcakes have cooled; hollow out some of the center of the cupcake, cut the tops off the strawberries and insert into the hollow area.
- Cover with frosting.
For Whipped Cream Frosting:
- TIP: This is NOT a sweet frosting, if you only want a small amount of frosting make recipe as listed above otherwise double recipe.
- Using the whisk attachment combine the cream cheese, sugar and extracts until well combined. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times.
- Whip until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
- NOTE: These cupcakes can be frosted a day in advance as long as you keep them refrigerated. Also, they can stay out a couple of hours while serving but you should store the leftover cupcakes in the refrigerator.
THIS RECIPE WAS FEATURED ON THE WEBSITES!
MORE GREAT STRAWBERRY RECIPES
I SHARED THIS IDEA/RECIPE AT THESE PARTIES