Nothing marks Spring more than Fresh Strawberries! Celebrate Spring with these wonderful fresh cupcakes. Perfect for Easter too!
I made these scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes for a friends bridal shower. She placed one at each place setting. They were in a small birdcage (found at Michael’s) with a note that simply said Thank You.
These cupcakes would also be wonderful at a garden luncheon or brunch. I love the addition or a whole fresh strawberry and the whip cream frosting is perfect. Not too sweet.
Hollow out a freshly baked cupcake and insert a whole strawberry.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 cupcake tins with 36 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl blend butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined add the milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix until batter is light and fluffy. Batter will be thick.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
- TIP: If you fill the liners any more the cupcakes will rise too high and make a BIG mess.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the cupcake pans.
- Once cupcakes have cooled; hollow out some of the center of the cupcake, cut the tops off the strawberries and insert into the hollow area.
- Cover with frosting.
For Whipped Cream Frosting:
- TIP: This is NOT a sweet frosting, if you only want a small amount of frosting make recipe as listed above otherwise double recipe.
- Using the whisk attachment combine the cream cheese, sugar and extracts until well combined. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times.
- Whip until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
- NOTE: These cupcakes can be frosted a day in advance as long as you keep them refrigerated. Also, they can stay out a couple of hours while serving but you should store the leftover cupcakes in the refrigerator.
20 STRAWBERRY RECIPES