Give these toasted coconut & chocolate chip oatmeal cookies as a hostess gift, new neighbor or add to your Christmas tray.
Want something NEW to try instead of the same old chocolate chip cookie? Well here it is! Have you ever had toasted coconut? If you have then you know how GREAT the flavor is and completely different then the coconut straight out of the bag. If not then I HIGHLY recommend that you take the extra time and toast the coconut. You will be so glad you did?
Toasted Coconut & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Add these to your holiday cookie tray!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut (see below)
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and coconut.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add the egg, extracts, and sugar.
- Mix well, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the chips and oats.
- Place tablespoon sized scoops on baking sheet.
- Press down each scoop just a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
For Toasted Coconut:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the measurement of coconut you need on a cookie sheet, bake stirring often until the coconut reaches a nice golden color.