Yes, you read that right Watermelon Marinade! With the sweet taste of watermelon and the sour taste of the vinegar this recipe offers a perfect balance of flavors. It can be used as a marinade and also for basting while cooking.
With the bright flavor of summer this Watermelon Marinade is the best and not your typical tomato based sauce.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
Watermelon Marinade Sauce
- 3 bone in chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Puree watermelon and strain to get the watermelon juice.
- Stir watermelon juice, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, and pepper flakes together. (I put mine in a jar so i could shake it really good)
- Put chicken in a zip top bag and pour marinade over (make sure to reserve some for basting during the cooking process).
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Baste with additional sauce while grilling.