Apple Pecan Cream Cheese Bars: A delicious easy to make cheesecake dessert with a cookie like crust, a creamy filling and pops of apple. The bottom layer of these bars have a sweet cookie like crust and lends towards a cheese danish like flavor. Perfect for a Christmas Brunch or a quick and easy holiday dessert. You can’t go wrong with these Semi Homemade Apple Pecan Cream Cheese Bars. Take the bars beyond delicious to incredible by adding homemade Dulce de Leche!
How to Make Apple Pecan Cream Cheese Bars
- FOR THE CRUST:
- Combine the cake mix, pecans, melted butter and egg.
- Press into a 9×13-inch baking dish
- THE FILLING:
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat to combine.
- Add sugar, beat until smooth.
- Stir in the apples, pour over cake dough.
- Bake until center is set, cut into squares.
Know Your Apples
- APPLES TO APPLES—Plucking the perfect fruit, either off the tree or even off the grocery store display, can feel like a guessing game. To help you choose which variety best fits your needs, below is a break down of the top eight apples sold in the U.S.Ambrosia: Crisp and sweet with a light floral note: try in pies and tarts
- Golden Delicious: Crisp and sweet with a lighter texture use in a variety of baked goods
- Honeycrisp: Crisp, sweet and juicy; perfect for making applesauce and eating raw
- Fuji: Crunchy and sweet; eat fresh or use in baking
- Granny Smith: Classic tart flavor, great for pie because if retains its shape
- Cripps Pink/Pink Lady: Sweet and tangy with a firm texture; perfect for poaching
- Red Delicious: Sweet and milk; doesn’t hold up well when cooked, so use fresh