Breakfast Skillet Pear Crumble | This crumble is loaded with tons of pears, a few cranberries, a light crumble and a creamy cheesecake glaze. Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas this easy to make recipe is sure to please your hungry guests.
This versatile dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a great dessert!
Your guest will love the addition of this Breakfast Skillet Pear Crumble to your Christmas Brunch Buffet. You can also serve my Hash Brown Quiche, Berries ‘n Cream Bread Pudding and Raspberry Parfaits with Mini Raspberry Muffins.
For the Pears:
- 8 firm pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Crumble:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ground falxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sweet cream or vanilla coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 10-inch oven proof skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the pears, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour pear slices into prepared skillet.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, brown sugar, sour cream, creamer and butter.
- Pour batter over pears; sprinkle the cranberries over the batter then sprinkle on the sugar, flaxseed and almonds.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown.
For the Glaze:
- In a medium bowl whip together the cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream until creamy and smooth.
- Fill a large piping bag with drizzle; in a back and forth motion add the glaze to the top of the crumble.
NOTE: The drizzle can be added when the crumble is room temperature or hot out of the oven.
MORE HOLIDAY BRUNCH RECIPES