Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts | I tried them again and this time I liked them! Yes, I was determined to LIKE Brussels sprouts. If you haven’t figured out a go to recipe for Brussels Sprouts, this delicious dish is the answer! The perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table.
These little cabbage like vegetables are packed with vitamin C and are part of the same vegetable family as nutritional powerhouses like kale, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and collard greens. I used brown butter in this recipe to give these little delights more of a nutty flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds
- Heat oil on medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add Brussels sprouts, garlic and 1 TABLESPOON brown butter; saute 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the salt and red pepper flakes; stir in the remaining 1/2 TABLESPOON brown butter.
- Serve warm.
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES