This deliciously dense flavorful Brown Sugar Pound Cake is just what your dessert table needs! A very moist delicious bundt cake filled with toffee bits, brown sugar and pecans, with tons of caramel flavor. Make sure you add this recipe to your Thanksgiving menu! ***JUST ADDED*** This wonderful cake got a makeover! Scroll down to see the NEW ingredient! And WATCH THE NEW VIDEO! Keep the kids busy with FREE activity sheets and Coloring Pages! Scroll down for the link. ↓
NEW…NEW…NEW…Included in the recipe card is a QR Code for the Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe Video. Scan the code, print out recipe and watch the video while you make the cake.
EASY CARAMEL DRIZZLE!
- 1-1/2 cups butter or brown butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 – 8 ounce bag of toffee bits
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 recipe CARAMEL DRIZZLE (link)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a 15 CUP Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy. (Scroll down for the brown butter instructions) Add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes.
- Cover top of cake with foil to prevent excess browning if necessary.
- Let cake cool in pan on a cooling rack for 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spoon Caramel Drizzle over cooled cake.
Open the camera on your phone, hover over this code to gain access to a step by step video. A drop down will appear at the top of your phone screen, click the drop down.
For the Brown Butter Option:
- In a small saucepan bring the butter to a boil on medium high, constantly stirring (about 5-6 minutes).
- Once the butter starts to foam you know you're close (like 30 seconds close).
- Use the spoon to pull away the top coat (foam) of the butter; when you can see that the butter has reached a caramel color it is done.
- Pour into a jar; cool on the counter, store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Use In This Recipe:
- Pour brown butter into a large mixing bowl, beat until the butter is completely cooled OR place the hot butter on the counter and bring to room temperature before using.
MORE CROWD PLEASING DESSERTS
NEVER MISS A POST
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes and Etsy store updates in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click here and sign up today—->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER