Butterscotch Candy Apples | Crunchy delicious butterscotch coating encased around a juicy crisp apple! Perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
Remind your guest of the wonderful time they had on Thanksgiving long after they left! Add a “thankful” tag to each apple and place on each guests plate as a little gift from you to them. Make the tag in the shape of a leaf to complete the apple look. Give your apple a rustic look by using twigs. I didn’t have any twigs so I used food coloring and painted my sticks brown.
Butterscotch Candy Apples
- 8 -10 small apples (I used Honey Crisp)
- 8-10 sturdy sticks
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (.125 ounce) bottle LorAnn Oils Butterscotch Flavor
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean and dry apples well; remove any stems and press in the sticks.
- In a medium saucepan stir together the corn syrup, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil; insert candy thermometer.
- Boil without stirring until the temperature reaches 302° the hard crack stage (20 to 25 minutes).
- Take pan off the burner and add the butterscotch flavoring; mix well.
- Dip apple one at a time swirling until completely coated in syrup.
- Hold apple over the pan to let any extra candy drip off; place on prepared cookie sheet.
- You may have to tilt the pan to ensure all apple get a full coating.
MORE GIFT IDEAS