When you don’t have time to make cookies from scratch use a cake mix! These cake mix sandwich cookies are nice and chewy. Can’t get any easier than that!
I made my own frosting but in a pinch a can of frosting would totally work (not as good but would work).
For the Cookies:
- 1 cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
For the Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- assorted gel food coloring (to match sprinkles)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and sprinkles until well combined
- Using a small scoop make mounds of dough and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Using the palm of your hand press the cookies into 2-1/2-inch circles.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Frost one side and press the top on.
This is a LBC original!
MORE CELEBRATION DESSERTS