Enjoy a treat with less calories. These caramel pumpkin pudding cupcakes have a creamy texture like a cheesecake. Get into the spirit of Fall with these light caramel pumpkin pudding cupcakes.
Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Topping
- 3 cubes (about 1 ounce) chewy caramel
- 2 teaspoon light vanilla soymilk
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all cupcake ingredients in a mixing bowl with 1/3 cup of water.
- Whip with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Spray or line muffin pan.
- Evenly spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes(until cupcakes have puffed up but still appear a little gooey on top).
- Once cupcakes are cool enough to handle, arrange them closely on a plate so that the edges are touching.
For the Topping:
- Place caramel and soymilk in a tall microwave-safe glass or dish (mixture will bubble and rise when heated).
- Microwave at medium power for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir mixture vigorously until smooth and thoroughly blended. (Return to microwave for 30 seconds at medium heat if caramel has not fully melted.)
- Immediately drizzle caramel sauce over cupcakes.
This recipe was adapted from Lisa Lillien's Hungry Girl recipe book.