It’s the time of year when schools and church’s gear up for their Fall Carnivals or Fall Festivals. To celebrate my favorite time of year I decided to create a cupcake worthy of the Carnival/Fall Festival favorite the CAKE WALK. Get ready to create some fun with these carnival cake walk soda can cupcakes! Have you heard of “soda can” cupcakes? They only have TWO ingredients. The cake mix and a can of soda.
Carnival Soda Can Cupcakes
For the Soda Can Cupcakes
- 1 - 15.25 ounce package chocolate cake mix
- 12 ounce can soda (I used root beer)
For the Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoon whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and soda.
- Blend until creamy.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin cups on a cooling rack 10 minutes.
- Take out of the cups and cool completely.
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, beating until combined.
- Beat in 1/2 cup whipping cream.
- Beat in the remaining 4 cups confectioners sugar.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of whipping cream 1 tablespoon at a time until light and fluffy.
MORE FUN CARNIVAL IDEAS