Carnival Popcorn Pops | Add fun to any circus, fair or carnival themed birthday party with these adorable pops. No candy thermometer is necessary for these pops. Scroll down to find out what ingredient makes these pops so much easier then the original popcorn ball recipe. The kids will go wild over these fun Carnival Popcorn Pops!
I can remember waaaayyyyyy back in the day when popcorn balls were a staple at parties especially at Halloween parties. They were even handed out to the trick or treaters! Times have changed, no longer is it acceptable to receive homemade goodies from strangers. No a days parents are too busy to spend tons of time making party goodies. That’s why I love these popcorn pops so much.
I love…love…love my vintage clown cupcake toppers! Mine are from the 70’s….when did things made when I was a teenager become vintage? I’m not sure how I feel about that! YIKES! While these particular ones are out of stock (I looked everywhere for them). There are a lot of designs to choose from. To find your favorite toppers search vintage clown cupcake toppers on google.
Are you planning a carnival, fair or circus party? Maybe you can use some of my ideas from my OLD FASHIONED CARNIVAL PARTY.
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2-5/8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 20 cups (2-3 ounce microwave bags) popped popcorn
- 20 paper straws or lollipop sticks
- jumbo rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- vintage clown cupcake topper (optional)
- Pop the popcorn and pour into a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, butter, cold water, confectioners' sugar and marshmallows.
- Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Carefully combine the hot mixture with the popcorn.
- Coating each kernel.
- Add the jumbo rainbow sprinkles.
- Mix until well combined.
- Grease hands with shortening and quickly shape the coated popcorn into balls with the lollipop stick in the center before it cools.
- Firmly press popcorn together.
- Add vintage clown cupcake topper (optional).
- Wrap with cellophane or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
MORE CARNIVAL PARTY IDEAS
FOR EVEN MORE CARNIVAL IDEAS VISIT MY CARNIVAL PARTY (link) CATEGORY PAGE.