Made with a store bought oatmeal cookie mix and some simple ingredients. Easy and delicious too! PERFECT! 🙂
- 17.5 ounce package oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 16 ounce package frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Add cookie mix and butter to a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers or a pastry blender, mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of oatmeal mixture.
- To the remaining oatmeal mixture add the egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together cherries and sugar; spoon evenly over pressed mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved oatmeal mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain