This Chicken, Pear and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is more like a chicken salad but better! With a mixture of honey mustard, celery, chopped pear and cranberries, a generous portion of brie all topped with a crunchy buttered roll.
I served this sandwich with my Chicken Noodle Soup. My husband and I split the sandwich. You can also choose to have the whole thing for lunch. I love…love…love the combinations in this Chicken, Pear and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Lighten up the sandwich by hallowing out the center of the roll.
Then stuff it with all that good chicken filling.
I don’t have a Panini press. To press the sandwich down I laid an cast iron skillet on top of the sandwich. To protect the bottom of my skillet I laid a piece of parchment paper on the top of the sandiwch.
You’ll end up with a crispy delicious sandwich.
- 4 small sandwich rolls
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1/4 cup pear, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 ounces brie, sliced
- Cut rolls in half and remove some bread from the inside of each half, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
- Mix together the chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, pear, celery and cranberries.
- Spoon into the bottom portion of each hallowed roll.
- Add cheese and top of roll.
- Press together, butter top and bottom.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay one slice of bread (buttered side down) on a cast iron grill pan.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top.
- To weigh down the sandwich add a heavy cast iron skillet on top.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side.
NOTE: You can also use a panini press.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain