It doesn’t have to be cherry season to enjoy this Chocolate Cherry Vanilla Smoothie. Although I used fresh cherries (because it’s cherry season and they’re really cheap) you can also use frozen or canned.
I love starting my morning with an easy to make smoothie. It’s like having dessert for breakfast! Full of chocolate chunks and bites of cherry. Lighten this recipe by using low fat yogurt, 2% milk and sugar free vanilla syrup.
- 25 pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 8 ounces milk
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup vanilla syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds (optional)
- about 20 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until combined, light and creamy.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain